Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 10-30 - Lens Error

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10631 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Wed 23-May-12 05:26 PM

My Nikon V1 reported an error with the 10-30 lens. The device provides a message: Lens Error - Contact Nikon Authorized Service Center.

I don't know what the issue is, but the camera is inoperable with that lens. Before showing the error, the lens/camera was chattering slightly. I turned off the camera. When I turned it back on it showed the error message. The camera will not fire with the subject lens attached, but works fine with the 30-110 lens attached.

So on Friday I dropped this off at my local Nikon Authorized Service location. I got a call yesterday that the lens is being sent to Nikon Service for repair. Apparently they understand that it is a warranty repair, but the Nikon 1 is so new that the Service Center has limited experience. Nikon apparently specified that this repair - whatever it is - must go to them.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 10-30 - Lens Error

G