Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Do you trust your LCD?

RSmith70

Washington, US
49 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RSmith70 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2012
Mon 28-Oct-13 07:16 PM

In other words, when shooting an event, (i.e. a wedding in a dark reception hall) do you ever trust that what you see on your LCD is what you will get on your monitor at home? The reason I ask is that I was shooting with my D7000 set at ISO 1000/1250, 24-70mm 2.8 lens set mostly @ f/4, 1/400th, flash set to high-speed sync and bounced off the ceiling. There was very little ambient light.

I didn't even *think* look at the histogram because everything appeared fine on the LCD. Boy was I wrong. I had to bring this, and most of my other images up by about 2 stops. Not something I am proud of.

This has been a problem with previous events I've shot and thought since the rooms each time were so dark, the LCD was relatively bright enough in such a dark room to lead me to believe everything was good to go.

Another lesson learned...

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Do you trust your LCD?

G