Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Christmas lights question

John Bertotti

Garretson, US
800 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
John Bertotti Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012
Sat 08-Dec-12 11:29 AM | edited Sat 08-Dec-12 11:31 AM by John Bertotti

We have a place called falls park, now covered in a blanket of snow, which the city decorates every year. I would like some nice bots but haven't tried yet. My problem is I don't know where to start. I would like to get the lights but there is am isn't street light and cars moving through and the blanket of snow making things brighter. I will do some experimenting tonight but if anyone has any advice please let me know. I don not have a quality tripod only a cheap very cheap velbon I bought in '88. I will try it if it isn't windy. I will also pull the SB910 out and use ttlbl for a few shots of the kids, I'm pretty sure there is enough am isn't light to reliably use it as fill. Thanks Bertotti

Just to add: there may be snow or ice stuck to the side of the trees as well, it will depend on how much sun we get today.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G