Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sekonic L758-DR Mid Tone Adjustment

richlewt

UK
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richlewt Registered since 24th Oct 2012
Sat 17-Nov-12 05:46 PM

Hi
I am just trying to get my head around this new meter. I have carried out a custom profile for my lens/body combination.
On page 50 of the manual Mid Tone Button it explains that you take your first mid tone value (incident) then select the Mid Tone button. Then take a highlight and shadow reading (spot)
So far so good, memory indicates 3 readings. If I find that the highlight is outside my highlight clipping point it seems I have the option of shifting everything towards that point, sounds good.
Ref paragraph 3) Changing Mid Tone Value, I hold down Mode and Mid Tone button and get a flashing M0, yep thats ok, this locks the Mid Tone value on the scale, then I press and hold the Mid Tone button and rotate the jog wheel to move the scale towards my clipping point. This works fine but as soon as I release the Mid Tone button the setting jumps straight back to the original value. How do I get the Mid Tone to stick to the new value?

Cheers
Rich

G