Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nevan

MU
414 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nevan Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011
Fri 26-Oct-12 10:28 AM

Hi to all,
thank you for your experiences that you share.Many are trying to grasp as much as they can,like ME!

When i dropped into photography,i was asked to buy the Skylight filter to protect the lens.At that time,i was shooting film and friends who were processing my images said a tint always accompanied my pics.The skylight filter gave a pink colour.I threw it away.
Then,again with the idea of adding some protection to my lenses,i bought the UV filters,since they were said to be NEUTRAL.

I learned later that these filters had n incidence on your photographs.
To what extent is that true,how it affects,and in what conditions they could rightly be used?

I mainly shoot weddings.Would you advice the use of these UV filters,knowing that during wedding ceremonies,you shoot during all sorts of conditions,may it be inside with various types of artifical lights,outside with clear blue or whitish skies,diret sun or sun at 45 degrees or behind,etc

I shot a wedding yesterday.I prefered to remove the filters.
I would be most happy if that thread could help many of us here.

Read you later.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: UV filters