Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Effect of cycling lights on WB / Exposure

SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1973 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SheriB Gold Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Mon 04-Mar-13 11:07 AM

This could go in the exposure forum also.If the Mods want to move it , feel free.
I have seen a few posts asking "What went wrong with my WB" or saying "My camera is not exposing properly" I myself posted such a question not long after I got my first DSLR.The majority of times it turns out the culprit is the stadium/gym/arena/office lighting. There are mamy posts explaining the timing of how these lights cycle for those that have a much more math savy mind than mine is.I just want to show what happens in a very obvious two photo group.
I was shooting a horse expo in Feb and the arena is lit by multiple lights. I hate shooting in there. Dark ( had my D700 cranked to 6400) and the lights cycling making WB a toss up from image to image ( some even have two different color casts in thesame image)also the exposure to be off. I took two shots of the Flag. You will see by the time stamps I put on them how different a shot can be, not even a second apart. All other settings were the same f/2.8,ISO 6400,1/800s
All I did was convert the raw into a low res jpeg in ViewNX2 and post here ) as you can see by the fact they are crooked _

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Effect of cycling lights on WB / Exposure