Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

question about color

pasknucklehead

US
1527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Thu 14-Feb-13 04:03 PM

Hi folks, hope you are all having a swell winter.
Here is my confusing question. Took a photo of a framed picture I have of one of my waterdrops. It's in a white frame as you will see. The problem is this, the actual picture of the waterdrop is purple, yet when I am viewing it on my lcd, it is blue. I have even used the flash and it is still blue. I will attach that picture as well. I used my d 40 to take a picture of my d90"s lcd so you can see what I'm talking about. I used light from a window and my settings on the d90 were manual 1/100 f 4.5 iso 640. Just wondering why the blue color..Any answers will be greatly appreciated...oh, and it does also show the picture in blue on the lcd of the d40 as well. It's when I download it to photoshop do I see the color is the actual color of purple....hmmmmmmm

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Darlene

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: question about color