Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do I set custom white balance

cwils02

HIXSON, US
826 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012
Fri 20-Apr-12 04:28 PM

I have a new D7000. I also bought a couple of cheap WB lenses/filter to read reflective (not incident light). I know how to put the filter on the lens, I know how to find the custom white balance in the menu. But, I am not exactly what to do from there.

Not exactly a newbie. Won 4 awards back in 1958/59 with ASA 10 Kodachrome. I have no problem using Lr 1/2/3/4 to set WB using WhiBal Card, etc.

On Cinco de Mayo, I will be shooting with changing light/changing cameras/changing lenses where it will be intrusive to keep popping a WhiBal Card into the mix. There is also the possibility that I will need to shoot video.

There is something (some step) that I am missing regarding setting the custom balance. A step by step would be helpful.

ABSOLUTELY Accurate White Balance will not be needed. I will be faced with a mix of tungsten, flourescent, one set of lights of which I have no clue, off-camera flash if needed, plus a mix of some shuttered late evening frosted window light. At least I won't have to contend with direct sunlight. I will be rushed. Wish I had said NO!

Charlie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How do I set custom white balance