Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why an FT-1(newbie question)

gleemor

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gleemor Registered since 06th Jan 2013
Sun 06-Jan-13 10:32 PM

I've just gotten a v1 and have been reading the posts about the FT-1 adaptor. I have several DX lenses which would certainly give a wider range to the v1...but my question is why? If the purpose of the camera is to have a smaller form-factor than a dslr and then you still have to carry a bag of large, heavier lenses, why not just stick with the dslr albeit a larger kit. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the v1's grab-and-go appeal? Help me out here, guys and gals...what am I missing? I've only had the v1 a few days and am really trying to like it but it seems like the pricey adaptors, underpowered flash, slow lenses, etcetera make this a camera that fills a niche that doesn't exist. I'm not trying to be v1 negative but I feel I must be overlooking something "special" and I would love to make this my 2nd camera. Right now it sits in about the number "5" position of cameras I grab to shoot with. Thanks for you input.
Gleemor

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why an FT-1(newbie question)

G