Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

V1 Accessory Cover Falling Off

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Thu 20-Dec-12 11:34 AM | edited Thu 20-Dec-12 11:36 AM by walk43

I know that others on ALL forums have expressed a problem with the V1 accessory cover coming off too easily and getting lost. Well...I lost mine the 2nd day I had my camera. Does anyone have a good FIX to keep it on???

I know that richard300 showed a solution with a small hole drilled into the cover and tied to the strap mount... so that's one way. Although richard300's solution will work I am afraid that the loop of thread might catch on something sometime and cause me to loose grip on the camera. I tried to put a small piece of 'pick&pluck' foam under the cover and it did make it more snug...but it didn't work. So for now I just leave it uncovered. I also know that there is a cold shoe for the V1 that 'locks' into the accessory port and it is $15... so that would work.... but before I buy one, I am wondering if anyone else has this problem solved???

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: V1 Accessory Cover Falling Off