Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
glennaa11

Arlington, US
449 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glennaa11 Registered since 28th Aug 2004
Sat 01-Dec-12 12:35 PM

I happen to be traveling in Asia and am in Hong Kong at the moment. Was just in one of the giant malls this evening with a bunch of camera shops that had the V2. One place let me play with it for a little while. I gotta say it is really tempting. The handling is head and shoulders better than the V1. Having the mode dial on top and the control dial is really great. The grip fit very nicely in my smallish hands.

After lugging my D7000 around with me a lot on this trip in addition to using the V1 part of the time I am having a real re-think about travel photography going forward. Those m43 models out there and the NEX's(the 6 and 7 anyway with the EVFs) are real competitors. One thing about the N1 series I would like to see is some improved lenses. While the 10-30 serves its purpose a bit bigger range zoom that has some real heft and quality feel to it rather than feeling like a plastic toy would really get my attention. When you look at those m43 lenses they have a sense of being a real optical tool the way the zooms take some effort to adjust for example.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just handled a V2