Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Video AF?

cemba99

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cemba99 Registered since 30th Mar 2010
Thu 21-Oct-10 06:57 PM

Currently have a D90 (along with a 70-200 VR and 18-200 VRII) for shooting alpine ski race photos of my family and other ski team members - it works well. Lack of a video AF on the D90 however, causes me to have a lug a video camera for that occasional video action sequence. (It is too much work to try and keep the D90 in focus during a ski run.) My main priority is always good photos, but video is nice as well.

Question is - how well is the video AF working on the D7000? Will I be able to leave my old video camera at home? (And it is on its last legs.) The photos and video are not for professional use, but I do share with the other ski club members.

I will also add that shooting photos or video at a ski hill is always challenging - usually shooting at dusk, into changing shade and shadows, not too mention trying to adjust for skiing speeds.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G