Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help/advice would be gratefully accepted...

PeterBeckett

Lincoln, US
835 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PeterBeckett Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010
Mon 01-Jul-13 09:24 PM

Moderator: I wasn't sure whether to post this here, in the "Computers" forum, or in the "Adobe PP" forum. If you think it should be placed elsewhere, please do so. Thanks!
---------

I am an enthusiastic user of Adobe software and recently migrated from being a CS6 CC subscriber to the current CC. I couldn't be much happier (well, maybe if Encore was included for simpler use) as I process both stills and video (currently all 1920x1080 HD).

My main workstation is a heavily-configured, custom-built "barnburner" running Windows 7-64 Professional. My video board is an Nvidia Quadra 4000 and my monitor is a 4 or 5 years old 30in Apple Cinema (2560x1600px). Together, these give me an excellent computer > user interface. HOWEVER, I would like to add a second monitor - and this is where my questions arise.

If I add a decent-quality TV/Monitor (1920x1080px), connected to the Quadra 4000's second port:
1. Can I calibrate it separately from the main display? (I use a ColorMunki).
2. When using Premiere Pro CC (or After Effects etc.), can I direct the display from the timeline to the second monitor and free up space on the main monitor? (My assumption is YES, but I would appreciate confirmation.)
3. If/when I want to start editing 4K video, would the 1920x1080px second monitor be adequate?

With advance thanks for your helpful advice and comments,

Pete

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help/advice would be gratefully accepted...

G