Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Adjusting Speaker Output Volume

Boomerut

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Boomerut Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2010
Thu 28-Feb-13 09:12 PM

In Darrell Young's book Mastering the Nikon D800, on page 514 he states that it is possible to adjust the volume of the built-in speaker on a range of 1 through 30, or alternatively shut the speaker completely off. I cannot find where it is possible to set a speaker output level as he suggests -- neither in Movie Live View nor under the Shooting menu. I'm not talking about the microphone sensitivity, but rather the volume of the built-in speaker.
I can vary the loudness of the speaker output while a movie is being played back with use of the Thumbnail/playback zoom out buttons and the Playback zoom in buttons, but when doing so there is no numerical indication of the current setting. I cannot find anywhere to choose a numerical volume level.
I called Nikon support and they can't find this option either. Can anyone direct me through the steps to adjust the speaker output as Darrel Young writes is possible? Thanks for any help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G