Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zoom H4N with D7000

exCanonguy

Black Diamond, CA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
exCanonguy Registered since 01st Jun 2012
Wed 30-Jan-13 06:06 PM

Is anyone using this combo? I've been an "image" guy for over 40 years but would like to become a "sound" guy as well to shoot videos with my two D7000 bodies.

I already have an old JVC MZ-320 shotgun mic that I have been using and was toying with the idea of a Rode Stereo Video Mic Pro but think that the H4N would be a better bet.

The D7000 has either auto gain or low/med/high settings for audio. If I was to plug in the H4N (there is a cord with which to do that), could I then use the manual settings on it and bypass the audio controls on the D7000?

I know that I can also "wild track" the sound with the H4N and sync it later in video editing software.

I want to keep this simple without getting into all the ponderous rigs that you see available to turn a still camera into a video unit.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G