Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Control ISO without touching the camera

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4968 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 10-Nov-12 01:15 AM

Slowly absorbing video good practice (and I do mean slowly ), so yup I'm filming with D4 and D800E in manual. However, I have changing lighting conditions (Theatre) so I want to be able to jack ISO down and up without touching the rig that is getting the wide scene (which is probably always going to be the D800E rather than D4).

Has anyone seriously investigated the Nikon UT-1 Communication Unit and WT-5A connectivity with an iPhone?

I don't have my own laptop for something like Camera Control Pro but I could probably scarf one of the daughters ones (Mac or PC), but my preference is to just use my iPhone (or in future just an iTouch if that is feasible too).

Alternatively I guess has anyone seen more details on the WR-R10 and WR-T10 just announced. I'm guessing these may be very handy video tools go forward?

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

G