Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need advice on converting D3200 video files to desired format

AudsDad

Naperville, US
307 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AudsDad Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2007
Sun 21-Oct-12 09:39 PM

Hi, everyone.

Purchased a red D3200 for my daughter when it was released a few months ago (I use the D300), but hadn't explored the video format much until now.

I think the camera shoots video only in .mov format and I need help on conversion of videos to a format for viewing. Thus far, I can see in playback in-camera that the files are acceptable, but it appears they need to be converted to another format for general use, mostly for PC OS.

Is there a free or inexpensive software for doing this? So far, I downloaded Freemake conversion ware, but the results I get are either choppy audio or choppy video or both as compared to what I see in the camera.

Help and advice much appreciated,

Peter

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Please visit MySmugmug gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need advice on converting D3200 video files to desi...

G