Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Footage from different cameras

dickiederson

San Francisco, US
120 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dickiederson Silver Member Nikonian since 09th May 2009
Fri 28-Sep-12 07:45 PM

Hi Nikonians!

I have just, a little sadly, listed my D700 on ebay with expectations of replacing it with a D800 but I have a couple of questions first:

I will be using the new camera for its video capabilities. I've cut my Video teeth a little with my D5100 (horrible to use but capable of some nice results!) And through assisting on a couple of indie feature films.

I am hoping to produce some short films and even a couple of features. If I am assisted by another camerman, will it upset the apple-cart In post if his B-Cam Is (say) a 5D mkII-III or even a Nikon other than the D800. Will the footage from these different DSLRs play nicely together?

On another note...!
I was really hoping that the D600 would be THE video shooting DSLR of choice. But it seems as though its been given the D5100s disabled manual exposure Controls!!
Is there any likelyhood of a firmware update, official or otherwise, which would take the stupid semi-automatic leg calipers off it and let it run free with the D800 and the Canon's?!

Thanks guys.

www.shootingheadz.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Footage from different cameras