Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Folders: selecting / naming

cpcallen

London, UK
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cpcallen Registered since 24th May 2011
Tue 24-May-11 10:13 AM

Hello,

I have just upgraded to a D7000 from a D70. Mostly I love it, but the way folders works has changed and it's very annoying.

It seems that folders are all named xxxD7000, where xxx starts at 100 and is incremented when the folder is full or a new day begins.

On the D70, I can create, (re)name (at least, the last five characters) and delete folders easily, directly on the camera, and select which folder I wanted to record to / view. This is very useful when I go on a trip or otherwise end up collecting photos from many different locations / events on a single card. It seems there is no way to do this on the D7000. Am I missing something?

I tried creating some folders on the camera and then renaming them on my laptop, but after I did so putting the card back in the camera resulted in the camera showing an hourglass on the LCD (and not taking any pictures) until I took the card out again.

How do other D7000 users deal with this (IMHO rather stupid) limitation? Having to record, separately, which numbered folder relates to which location/event is very inconvenient, and will make going back to find things in my archives in future much more difficult.

G