Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!

AgapeLight

Auburn, US
350 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
AgapeLight Silver Member Charter Member
Sat 07-May-11 01:29 AM

I finally decided on a replacement for my D90 (which will now become my backup/secondary body) and I ended up getting my backordered 35mm f/1.8 DX lens on the same day. Good thing, now at least I have a lens to put on the D7000! Can't wait to get out and shoot.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in an earlier thread on going with the D7000. I've only clicked off about 100 frames but it looks like it will be a great choice. The glass I ended up with is the 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.8 (on order), 70-300mm VR, and a last minute decision to pick up the Pro-Optic 8mm fisheye, can't wait to shoot with that thing. Only area I'm still missing is the wide angle, can't really decide whether to go with the 10-24mm or just go with another prime like the 20mm f/2.8. I was leaning 10-24mm but it's got a high price tag and I haven't ever shot with it before?

The only thing that the D7000 has me hung up on right now is I'm using CS4 with Bridge and it won't read my NEF files. I guess I have the latest ACR version but I can't find an update that includes the D7000. The CS5 version does, but it isn't usable on CS4.

Guess I'm going to have to look at going to Lightroom 3. Haven't used LR since version 1, guessing it has improved since then. Thanks again for everyone's help in choose a body. Scott

----
Scott Fillmer scott.fillmer@gmail.com>
Blog - http://www.scottfillmer.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!

G