Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
TomHanma

FI
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TomHanma Registered since 05th May 2011
Thu 05-May-11 06:20 AM

Hello to all the Nikon fans!

I have just joined your fantastic community after following the discussions from the sidelines for a while. Reasons for joining are many, but the ability to understand my camera gear is the priority, as well insights into workflow on other parts of the forum.
However, the final push into making my own account came from lack of good information regarding shooting RAW with the d7000 and this is what i know would like to ask you, the experts!

I have the d7000 (duh) + kit lens 18-105, and i shoot all RAW+JPG(fine) I don't do anything with the JPGs, unless sharing them right away somehow.
I do postprocessing all in Lightroom 3
I import, filter out bad ones, crop, process everything on one sitting.

The quuestion(s) is; Am i hurting myself making too many tweaks in camera setting so that the JPGs are fantastic when taken straight from camera and sent by e-mail? I understand that some of the functions (such as d-lighting) on d7000 can hurt if using RAW?
Also, such a newbie that i am, would you please be as kind to let me know what the best settings are for the d7000, shooting RAW+Lightroom 3? All help is Highly appreciated

Regards;

Tom

G