Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need Opinion Of Anyone Who Has Used The D7000 and D3100

J_Harris

US
780 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Wed 04-May-11 03:27 PM

I need to make a decision today and would like the opinion from anyone who has owned or used the D7000 and D3100.

I shoot for the fun and enjoyment. I am not a professional and will never shoot a picture for money. My first digital camera is the D3100 that I've owned since it was released. It's performance has been very nice and I do enjoy it's simplicity, but there is three areas that seem to be lacking.

1. Lack of adjustment buttons to keep me from going into the menu.

2. Low light shooting performance could be better.

3. The BIG one is I don't like the small viewfinder frame coverage and magnification.

I own the following lenses: 16-85DX, 18-200DX VRII, 35DX F/1.8, 24-120 F/4 FX, 28-300 FX.

My questions:

1. Does the D7000 really have a lot more improvement in low light performance?

2. Is there a very noticable improvement in the viewfinder over the D3100?

3. Is the D7000's 14-bit RAW performance noticably better than the D3100's 12-bit.

4. Lastly, I know there is a lot more adjustments/settings on the D7000, but can I still enjoy it's sophistication and keep it simple like the D3100, I like to shoot using aperture priority.

Thanks for any replies.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need Opinion Of Anyone Who Has Used The D7000 and D...

G