Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 first impressions

dankeny

Roland, US
1555 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dankeny Registered since 29th May 2006
Sun 17-Oct-10 11:08 PM

For comparison 35mm I've owned FE, FE2, D100, D200, D300, D700 and shot with 7D.

It's small. Some features are menu driven and some buttons are different placement (DOF Preview). AF system buttons? No C mode Af. The 80-400 seems huge on this body. It works well. I will post some example tomorrow if CS5 recognizes the raw files.

The battery is different--one hopes better because all my remaining bodies use the same system (gave D100 away). The cordless charger is nice.

SD cards are very handy. I especially like that you can shoot one as backup.

Biggest difference to me is the AF system. It's all new. It actually reminds me more of 7D than any Nikon body I have used. Is it better or worse? I don't know yet. It's different and it's going to take a little time. I can't seem to get it into spot meter mode. Automatic mode uses multiple sensors on the fly. This is likely very good for some subjects if you know how to use it--landscape and wildlife, not so much.

Images look good on the viewfinder, once I took the protective sheet off. There was a funny moment when I thought that was as good as the preview got.

Video? I haven't fooled with it.

Cheers,
David

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 first impressions