Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dentalpiano

US
76 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dentalpiano Registered since 29th Aug 2010
Tue 26-Apr-11 05:42 PM

Fellow Nikophiliacs,

I use my camera for dental clinical photography, using an old Micro Nikkor 105 1:2.8 AF (Very old, used to be attached to an old N2000). I use a Metz Ringflash 15 MS-1 Wireless, using the CMD mode, and a thingy that goes over the pop-up to transmit IR signals. You can see an amazing mcro picture of a dental implant in my gallery.

So, far, mostly great pictures. I keep my settings in U1, based on Aperture priority. If I need deeper DOF, I increase my aperture, and I get more teeth in the picture. My ISO is in automatic, with limit to ISO 800, and minimum speed 1/100...ideally, but, it stays at speed of 1/60, and does not change the ISO automatically...

Sometimes, speed of 1/60 is too slow, and I get a bit blurry.

Is there anyway to override the flash setting to faster than 1/60 in flash commander mode? (without switching to manual mode).

Thanks,

Dentalpiano

A chance to cut is a chance to heal...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G