Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I got one! Also did a few infrared shots.

egmonster

Egmont, CA
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
egmonster Registered since 10th Mar 2011
Sun 17-Apr-11 02:03 PM

Hi all!

Well I just got home from a 6 week overseas work trip in Indonesia. I had promised myself as a reward for working away so much this past year. So I got off the plane here in Vancouver Canada in my shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops (it was like 3 Deg C) and marched straight to Broadway Camera and bought myself a new D7000. Also bought a Tokina 11-16, a Nikon 35 f1.8G, a SB700, and Hoya HD UV filters. (Ok so I went a bit crazy). Got a great deal, i think, on the D7000 body at $1099 Canadian. Some kind of rebate.

Got it home and charged it up. Also when I got home I found my shiny new Hoya R72 Infrared filter (77mm OUCH!!!) in my mailbox. I did a few shots with both my D40 and D7000 with the R72. The D40 is certainly much more IR sensitive and took some great shots. Darn thing even focuses and exposed pretty well even though I couldn't see it in the viewfinder obviously. The D7000 shots were not perfect but I think it was mostly user error and I think it will work too.

My first shots with the D7000 are pretty awesome. I must say the bewildering array of menu choices are quite the step beyond the D40. The sb700 is superb, the Nikon 35mm is stunning, and the Tokina 11-16 has blown my mind and is helping me to see composition in a whole new light.

I have not many shots I think are worth posting but I will post when I have some that are passible. LOL

Anyways, sorry for the long winded post but I just wanted to say what a great place this site is. I have mostly been lurking but there is just soooo much stuff on here.

Cheers all!
Michael

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G