Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d7000 for indoor H/S basketball games

firebrand

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
firebrand Registered since 14th Apr 2011
Fri 15-Apr-11 03:21 PM

I own a d80 and a 70-200mm v/r Nikon lens that I purchased for sports. I shoot both basketball H/S games and outdoor softball games. I am pretty happy with my results for softball, but unless I am shooting at f2.8 for indoor basketball games for the most part the images are blurred because if I crank my iso up past 320 to 400 images have a lot of grain in them and of course I can only get about about 1/200th for my shutter speed. I am wanting to upgrade my camera to the d7000 to use with my 70-200 lens. Would this be a great combination for indoor sports? I have read many reviews on this camera and it sound like you can get some really nice shots with this camera up 3200 iso and possibly even to 6400. Keep in mind I shoot in some gyms that have pretty dim lights. Has anyone used this camera for indoor sports and have you been pleased with your images. I have also thought of buying a Nikon 85-1/8 to go with the camera. I also looked at the d700 but I don't want to spend that kind of cash right now. So I want to buy the d7000 but not if it will not perform in low light and fast action with the two lenses I suggested. Will this camera perform? or is there any other lens that would work great with this camera that would not cost me an arm and a leg. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d7000 for indoor H/S basketball games