Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Geo-tagging options for D7000

dgs2

San Francisco, US
711 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgs2 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2004
Mon 11-Apr-11 09:40 PM

OK, I'm planning for a 3+ week trip to Europe in May/June. I want to geotag my photos. I posted about using my iPhone, but decided to investigate other options. The best straightforward option seems to be a unit made by a German company Columbus, the nGPS. The two downsides seems to be a lousy connector cable and that it sits in the hot shoe. (I often use fill flash outdoors.) It's reasonable in price and has a number of pluses, if Amazon reviewers are credible - fast satellite acquisition, direct addition of GPS info. to the metadata, and an on/off switch so it stays on and ready if the camera is turned off. I'm thinking or ordering, but also waiting to hear from the company that makes the Blue tooth connector to the iPhone. Does anyone have an suggestions for other products to look at to accomplish what I want. I'm looking for economy and simplicity but also reliability.

dgs

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Geo-tagging options for D7000
          Reply message RE: Geo-tagging options for D7000 - Update
                                   Reply message RE: EyeFi Geo-tagging options for D7000

G