Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual focusing help

runesat

NO
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
runesat Registered since 09th Apr 2011
Sun 10-Apr-11 11:09 AM

Hi everybody.

This is my first post here, as I "discovered" Nikonians.com yesterday. The last 24h I've spent reading and reading. I'm really impressed with all the expertise gathered here!

I've been shooting primarily Nikon ever since I bought my first SLR, a Nikon F301, in 1986. Later I also got an FE2, F2 and F3. The F301 and FE2 I retired some years ago, but the F2 and F3 I still use. However, as film processing is getting more and more expensive and three of four labs in my hometown have closed, I finally decided to switch from film to digital. I will still be using my F2 for B/W-shooting, and the F3 for long exposure night shooting, but I just bought a D7000 as my everyday camera. I've been waiting for the FX cameras to come down i price for a while now, but it never happened, so when the D7000 came with the ability to meter with AI lenses I decided to buy one. I'm not totally new to digital as I replaced my old party/pocket camera Rollei 35 for a Lumix LX3 a few years ago.

During my years as a Nikon shooter I've bought some nice glass, that I was planning to use on my D7000, but so far I'm finding it hard to focus properly. The focus confirmation in the viewfinder is not very accurate,. The green dot will be lit over quite a big area.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one having this "problem", so hopefully someone will have some tips for me. I've read about the KatzEye screens, but for now I'm hoping to not have to do any modifications to the camera. Are there any other tips and tricks that will make the manual focusing more accurate?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Manual focusing help

G