Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Multiple Exposure fuction on the d7k

TakeTwo

South Lake Tahoe, US
214 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009
Sat 19-Mar-11 08:03 PM

I have been doing some self tests today on the multiple exposure function on the d7k and can report that the camera is able to shot a 3 shot Ev bracketed or white balance bracketed and save it in camera to one exposure. I tried focus stacking with this feature and it was a no go. Just all fuzzy. I shot three images of the clock and here is the combined image. I moved the hour hand 3 times and the minute hand twice. You can see about 15 seconds of movement during my second and third exposure. I would like to invite you all to post up some of yours so we can see what this feature can be used for. Nikon's manual says : The raw data from the camera image sensor can produce colors noticeably superior to those in software-generated photographic overlays. I'm not seeing that, compared to the bracketed shots sent to my hdr software.

Taken with d7k nikon 105 vr macro 2.8

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G