Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

In Camera Sharpening - Do you use it?

chuckji

South Lyon, US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chuckji Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Jan 2011
Thu 17-Mar-11 04:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently read Thom Hogan's Sharpening 101 and was wondering if I should add sharpening in-camera or in post.

I'm shooting RAW+JPG, and to be honest, I'm still learning how to use the editing features in View/Capture NX.

So, I'm asking what you do.
1. Use in-camera sharpening? If so what setting? And do you change the setting for various conditions?

2. Sharpen in post processing?

3. Both 1 and 2?

4. Something else?

If this topic has already been discussed, sorry for bringing it up again. If you can provide a link to the discussion I'd appreciate it - I searched but didn't really find what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Chuck

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: In Camera Sharpening - Do you use it?

G