Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D7000 Questions

bgphotobug

US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bgphotobug Registered since 23rd Feb 2007
Mon 14-Mar-11 08:38 PM

I have two questions regarding my new D7000. Perhaps someone can provide answers:

1. With the camera in AF-C mode and 39-point autofocus (or any of the other autofocus area settings), the individual focus points are not displayed in the viewfinder, as they were with my D300. The User's Manual (p. 9) seems to suggest that they should be visible. All I can see is an outline of the overall autofocus area and the single active focus point. The autofocus point is not locked. Is there a setting that will display all of the focus points?

2. There is a small rubber tab at the base of the grip that covers an access point for the optional MB-D11 battery pack. The tab is constantly popping out. It's annoying. I've been considering placing a drop of silicone cement over the bottom to keep it in place. Any suggestions?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D7000 Questions

G