Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

And yet another D7000 focus question

output555

US
339 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
output555 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2008
Tue 08-Mar-11 12:11 PM

Yes, yes, I'm embarrassed to admit that I, too, have doubts about my D7000's focusing. And yes, I have thoroughly read the instruction manual (as well as having owned many other Nikon DSLRs).

So here's my question to add to the many others: Is it possible for one lens that focuses accurately on my other Nikons to not focus properly on the D7000? Specifically, my 16-85mm F/4-5.6 VR is unpredictable (sometimes the focused image is soft or slightly blurred) on the D7000, whereas it was always tact sharp on my D60 and D90. Additionally, all other lenses seem to focus properly on the D7000, but only the 16-85mm is sometimes sharp, sometimes not. And no, this is an operator-error/knucklehead issue.

Jumping ahead and assuming the D7000 and 16-85mm don't play nice together, can I correct the problem through the AF Fine-Tune function? I've read here that it's impossible to fine- tune a zoom because of it's multiple focal lengths. True?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: And yet another D7000 focus question