Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000: Deleting photos when SD cards in Backup mode

papafox

AU
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
papafox Registered since 27th Feb 2011
Tue 01-Mar-11 03:34 PM

I've recently bought a D7000 and importing the images into Lightroom is driving me crazy.

I have the SD cards set to Backup mode. During my normal shooting I shoot a number of images, triage the ones I may want and delete the ones I definitely don't want. At the end of the day, I upload to Lightroom.
The problem is that I have two copies of the photos I want plus all the photos I deleted.

OK, I'm guessing that this is related to having the SD cards in Backup mode. However, I'm surprised that deleting an image does not delete the image on both cards. I've tried reformatting the cards; I've tried Delete Selected vs locking the images I want and using Delete All. Everything leads to the same result in Lightroom.

This is the first camera I've used with two flash cards. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is it a Nikon problem or is there an issue with Lightroom?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000: Deleting photos when SD cards in Backup mode