Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Exposer braketing more than 3 shots on the D7K

Mr Moose

US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Mr Moose Registered since 05th Jan 2011
Thu 24-Feb-11 05:06 PM

I've been experimenting with the interval timer and save to the U1 setting.

I found following method searching the net.

You can do a little bracketing trickery using the interval timer but it's definatley a hack. I can't say I'd use it often, but kind of fun playing with it.
Here's an example:
1. Go to E5 and set it to AE only.
2. Set E6 for the order you want.
3. Go to B2 and set to 1/2 step.
4. Press the BKT button and set it to 3 frames and 2 EV.
5. Press the Exposure Compensation button and set to 0 EV
6. Under Shooting Menu go to Interval Timer
Choose NOW click right
Interval set to 5sec click right
Number of shots choose 002 X 3 = 6 then click right
Choose ON and click OK

The timer will start and fire the first 3 shots then pause for the remainder of the first interval. During the pause press the Exposure Compensation button and turn the rear dial two clicks right. The camera will shoot the next 3 shots when the interval expires. This example would give you 6 bracketed shots at -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, and +3. You can play with the settings to get different combinations. Kind of a stupid way I know but just playing.

I saved the following settings to U1.
OK, I set the time interval to 15 sec as this will be used for night shots with longer shutter speeds.
The above works, but changing the exposure compensation during the pause doesn't do anything, all 6 frames look exactly the same. I even went +5 with exposure compensation, still no change.
What am I doing wrong? Could it be that saving this to U1 is the problem?

BTW, I also changed setting D-11 to 1sec delay MLU

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G