Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
browntdb

Corvallis, US
236 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
browntdb Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009
Thu 10-Feb-11 06:06 PM

I am seeking some feedback on the D7000. I have a D90 and love it, but with the slower kit lenses that I use, I get frustrated that I can only go to iso 800 and get good images. The ability to shoot at higher iso levels with the D7000 is very attractive.

I have been reading this forum since the beginning and notice several posts that discuss the bigger sensor with greater pixel density may cause lack of sharpness of images unless the camera is very stable; ie, camera shake is more tolerated in the D90 vs. the D7000. If this is the case, this nullifies some of the advantages of higer ISO - having to shoot at a higher shutter speed.

I would really appreciate some quantitative input from D7000 users who may have experienced this phenomenon. How much of a problem is it?

If I disliked the D90, the decision would be easier, but laying out $1200 for a new camera body when it may not make that much difference may not be the wisest thing to do. I am really trying to fight back NAS and be realistic about what real improvements the D7000 would give me over the D90. If I was coming from a D60 or D70, it would not be an issue.

I appreciate any thoughtful input someone could give me.

Terry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence