Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Something wrong in my new D7000 sensor or processor?

ristop123

FI
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ristop123 Registered since 26th Jan 2011
Wed 26-Jan-11 06:04 PM | edited Wed 26-Jan-11 06:29 PM by ristop123

Hi!

I made a dng profile for my new D7000 for Lightroom 3.3 using Adobe's dng editor. I took picture about color checker A4 chart. Settigns were ISO100, f4,5, 1/40 sec using camera stand with flash light.

Everything goes correctly but then I zoomed the color checker chart picture and I was surprised: The pixels were quite different colored so brightness of the pizels vares very much. I made same procedure with my D40 and I didn't noticed same kind of effect.

Test pictures can be found at (pictures are saved in tiff format and if you want to zoom those you must first save those in your computer and then open it in some photoviewer to take closer look of pictures):

http://patsin.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Nikon+D7000+Color+Checker+test/

Is there really something wrong in my camera or is it just an imagination of mine?

G