Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with Built in Flash

ReadnFool

US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ReadnFool Registered since 16th Jan 2011
Sun 23-Jan-11 03:35 AM

The built in flash on my D7000 appears to have stopped working. Assuming that I have screwed something up I have already tried the following:

Reset the shooting and custom settings menus.

Tried Auto, Progam, and Aperature modes pushing the button to raise the built in flash as necessary.

Set the flash to manual full power (did not work).

Removed the battery and replaced after 5 minutes.

Tried my SB600 on the hot shoe (it worked)

Tried the SB900 on the hot shoe (it worked)

Tried the built in in commander mode with built in off and both remotes manual full power (did not work)

Tried the 600 on the hot shoe as the commander with the master turned off and remote at full power (did not work)

Tried the 900 on the hot shoe as the commander with the master turned off and remote at full power (did not work)

Tried the sb900 in master mode and the remote did work.

So it appears my built in is not working (it was last week), and my camera won't function as commander with a SB600 in the hot shoe (which it should but had not previously tested. It was working fine with the built in working as commander last week.

I sent a question in to Nikon and am waiting for an answer.

Any one have any helpful suggestions of something I forgot to try?

Steve
ReadnFool

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with Built in Flash