Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

2 Questions: Car Show & Aperture Priority Mode?

MrsG

US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MrsG Registered since 22nd Dec 2010
Thu 20-Jan-11 02:48 PM

First question... well a comment, then a question: I'm reading Understanding Exposure and it is awesome, thank you for recommending it! My question, which has nothing to do with that, is I'm going to a car show tomorrow. I'm still learning a lot and I wondered if there were any quick tips to think about if I want to take some shots of the cars and/or people. We'll be inside, probably a lot of people around. I'll just have my D7000 and the 18-105mm lens, since that is all I have. I have found that any photos I take inside, I must use my on-camera flash, because I just must not know how to adjust the shutter speed correctly for lower light since everything without the flash is blurry (and I'm not using a tripod).

Second question is that I've read about several professional photographers who says that they mostly stay in Aperture Priority mode for most of their shots. Is this right? It seems so easy to stay in Aperture Priority mode. I've been staying mostly in that mode right now, but that's because I'm still learning about how to change my settings and I wanted to start with one thing at a time. Is the camera that good at judging shutter speed that I should be able to stay in this mode most of the time?

G