Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remember the guy who had all the problems?

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Wed 19-Jan-11 07:16 PM

Re: "This is not a specific post about a specific problem, Just my "OK" journey"

Hi

Some or most of you will remember my posts regarding my disappointment with the D7K. So many helped me get to grips with it despite the disappointment of a faulty first body. I thought it only right that I posted how I'm getting on after a few weeks. So where am I now:

Well, firstly there is the issue of VR on my 80-400mm and to recap that when it was switched ON I was getting poor focus and at best soft images. Even when I did get a sharp acceptable image repeatabilty continued to be a problem. This was the case with both VR ON and OFF, although with VR off images were greatly improved. In the end I started to not chop and change lenses but stuck with the 70-200 f/2.8 both with and without a TC, but always with VR off if possible. The results have been highly satisfactory and I post 4 for you to look at.

My intention now and to achieve better reach is to save for either a 300mm f/2.8 and use with a X1.7 TC, or really push the boat out and save for a VR1 200-400mm.

Thanks to everyone who helped me both on this forum and by private e-mail.

Regards.

Richard

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

G