Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 its not broken but if you do this .... you may wonder

JohnE Nikon

New HArtford, US
932 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JohnE Nikon Registered since 15th Jun 2010
Fri 14-Jan-11 03:21 PM | edited Fri 14-Jan-11 03:22 PM by JohnE Nikon

After using the D7000 for more than a month I would like to list some of the things that made me think there is a problem when none exists;

-Accidentally depress DOF button with pop up flash on- the flash blinks in a strobe like fashion
- When DOF pressed accidentally with flash down (usually with my ski gloves on) the camera appears locked up
- If remote is set you cannot depress the shutter manually
- Live view can be inadvertently turned on and viewfinder becomes inactive (This happens occasionally when I shoot with my ski gloves)
- No shutter release when buffer is full

When I can't depress shutter or I can't focus or see through the viewfinder the above are some of the things I check first.

Of course as with all Nikon's I make sure my lens is not switched to manual focus.

If you notice any other common user errors which make you think there is a camera problem please post.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 its not broken but if you do this .... you ma...
Reply message RE:An observation
Reply message RE:An observation

G