Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question for D7000 owner

Rick_Smith

US
88 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rick_Smith Registered since 08th Jan 2011
Sun 09-Jan-11 02:08 AM

I have a D40 now and am just starting to get the hang of "A" "S" and "M" mode. We just had a son and I have been taking a ton of pictures.

I'm not sure how the sensor, auto focus points, light meter, etc in the D7000 vs D40 work in real world examples, and have had a hard time finding something online to show me.)

If I were to take some pictures of my new born around the house and took the exact same shot, with the exact same lens just switching camera bodies (D40 and D7000) would the two pictures look night and day different? Or just minimal?

I know the D7000 is a much "better" camera, I"m just trying to figure out for the cost, how much real world difference I'll be able to notice.

So the question is - the exact same shot, lens, etc...just swamping camera body, will I see a considerable difference?

Thanks!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question for D7000 owner

G