Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Ignore Digital SLR Video at Your Own Peril!

beemerman2k

Ellington, US
440 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006
Sat 08-Jan-11 02:15 AM

I am so mad at myself. Today, a co-worker showed up at work with her 1 year old son. So, I took advantage of the occasion to snap some pictures of him as he crawled around the office. What a little tiger, he loved crawling everywhere. Anyhow, I noticed that he liked to grab onto things and then hoist himself up on his feet. He'd stand there, then drop back down to crawl again.

Suddenly, he seemed uninterested in going back down on his hands and knees. That's when his mother said, "Oh my goodness, is he going to walk? He has never even attempted to walk until now!"

Dangit! Here I am, lying on the floor in front of this boy, and he's going to walk, and I cannot figure out how to turn on the video! Sure, it's simple now that I'm out of the heat of the moment, just press that red button. But at the time, and because I never ever use video nor have I cared about it, I couldn't figure it out with any degree of confidence. I kept thinking that maybe I should hit the Live View switch, but then I realized that this wouldn't initiate video, and I was afraid do to anything else for fear that I would render the camera in a state where I couldn't continue to record this big event. So I just kept shooting instead.

Here's little Connor taking his first steps in life:

I didn't have the heart to tell his mother that my camera is capable of recording this major milestone in video. In fact, I'll never tell

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ignore Digital SLR Video at Your Own Peril!
Reply message RE: Ignore D7000 Digital SLR Video at Your Own Peril!
Reply message RE:Perhaps it is time for a rethink

G