Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why video in an SLR

NeuroDoc

Silverdale, WA, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NeuroDoc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jun 2007
Tue 04-Jan-11 12:14 AM

What is the current fixation among camera manufactures to add video to digital SLRs? Do they feel that consumers are demanding such features?

I currently have a D200, and would like to upgrade to a capable, digital SLR that gives me better low-light performance. If I had to upgrade today, I would love to have a D7000 without the video. I just don't need the video and don't like paying for a feature that in my opinion is just simply feature bloat.

What would the D7000 cost without video capability? <$1000? I'd buy in a heartbeat, but convincing my wife to let me spend more than a grand on a camera is difficult. Convincing her to let me buy a camera that also has video, when we already have a very high quality video camera is even harder.

Will I ever see the return of a DX digital SLR without video?

KariD200 | D70 | Nikkor 18-70 f/3.5-4.5 DX AF-S ED | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 AF-S IF-ED VR | Nikkor 50 f/1.8 D AF | Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD AF | SB-600 | SB-800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why video in an SLR