Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The D7000 Gets Better (as if you didn't know already . . . )

agitater

Toronto, CA
4551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sat 01-Jan-11 09:12 PM

Here's a great new article lead by Thom Hogan about the D7000:

"Time Heals all Internet Complaints
Dec 28 (commentary)--Just for the heck of it I've been doing a little informal study of several Internet forums. According to my latest weekly statistics, the D7000 now overexposes 78% less than it did two months ago, back focuses 70% less, and hot pixels are down an amazing 85%.

Say what?

It happens with virtually every new product release. A huge rash of complaints come almost immediately upon those first users receiving their cameras. Everyone rushes out and does random tests without first fully understanding the product, and they post "my D7000 overexposes" or "I see hot pixels" when they encounter something they don't understand or didn't expect. Hidden within all these complaints sometimes is a real issue (the P5000's tendency to punt on focus and put up a Lens Initialization error in some situations, or the hot pixels in D7000 video, for instance, both of which we have "firmware fixes" for already)."

There's more, but you get the idea. The full article on Hogan's site can be found here with the December 28th date.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The D7000 Gets Better (as if you didn't know alread...

G