Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RickMz

Navarre, US
78 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RickMz Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2006
Sat 25-Dec-10 12:16 AM | edited Sat 25-Dec-10 12:22 AM by RickMz

Just got mine for Christmas and all seems to work except, the shutter button fails to focus and shoots inconsistently. I understand the lock ring around the shutter button .

When pressed, it will deploy the built-in flash (as needed) and activates the LCD data. However, in the lower left hand side of the LCD (or the bottom when in portrait) I get a flashing arrow (either left/down or right/up). It will shoot every few presses.

I assume there is something wrong with it so it will go back to Adorama on Monday unless one of you can tell me the problem is the user .

Anybody can explain the flashing arrows? Are they to assist on manual focusing? If so, the grip is not activating the AF on my Nikon 35mm 1.8 or my Tammy 60mm (they work fine otherwise). Yes, the AF/M switch is set to AF.

Thanks for your help,
Rick

Rick Montanez
D700, D7000/SB-700 and D-80/SB-800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MB-D11 Problem?