Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

single point focusing with D7000

larrycurrlymoe

Middle Sackville, CA
456 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
larrycurrlymoe Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Feb 2009
Fri 24-Dec-10 02:30 PM

I am having difficulty getting my new D7000 into single point centre focus mode. I have read many of the posts here, and watched digitutor to no avail. I shoot mainly wildlife and many times birds or 4-leggers are inside cover, so having the ability to direct the single point of focus to exactly where I want it is critical. It does not seem that any setting that I have found yet provides that capability, and permutations and combinations available with the new "options" are a bit tiresome. Both my D80 and D90 had second level menu options for Single point centre autofocus.
I am unable to find the settings on this unit, and would appreciate any assistance.
I have changed my setting to AF- S and still no luck.
Thanks in advance for your time and patience, I am afraid I am running out of mine

Paul T

Turbo

turbostrackandtour.blogspot.com

G