Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What a Great Camera!

beemerman2k

Ellington, US
441 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
beemerman2k Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2006
Fri 24-Dec-10 04:26 AM

OK, just got my D7K tonight, and it took forever for the battery to charge. I have only taken about 15 pictures so far, but I am blown away by this thing! OMG.

Now I better understand all the issues about focus accuracy and so on. The images this thing produces are so amazingly sharp and detailed that the slightest most minuscule misalignment is clearly visible!

I am flat out amazed at the pictures this thing produces. I took a portrait of my wife at 25,600 just to see if I could clean up the noise in Lightroom 3.3. Not a bad job Lightroom 3 did with the file. No, it's not fit for sale, but it is more than fit for the personal collection or the family web site. With some attention to detail, the image could be cleaned up so well that one would never guess that it was taken at such a high ISO.

In any case, add me to the long and growing list of people who are absolutely floored by this device. O M G!!

Beemerman2k
2000 BMW R1100RT Motorcycle
Nikon D7100
Nikon D70s w/ SB600
Nikon N70 w/ SB28

Visit
My photo gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G