Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 user thinking of D7000 for stills and movies

angeo

AU
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
angeo Registered since 23rd Dec 2010
Thu 23-Dec-10 07:35 PM

Hi Nikonians. I'm off on a trip to Egypt in 10 days and was thinking of adding to my fantastic D700 by buying a camcorder (Canon HFS21) but now thinking to buy D7000, mount 18-200 from my previous D200 and use D7000 as the single camera - avoiding weight of D700 and camcorder.

3 Queries -
1. Have any of you switched from D700 to D7000 and do you have comments about the stills picture quality etc.
2. Using D7000 in video compared with a dedicated camcorder - comments? I've seen the various Nikon promotional videos and it looks good but I'm wondering about the multistep process - LV, prefocus, etc and whether that can be activated fast. I'm interested in the video usability and quality from a real user's perspective.
3. Recommended settings - is there a link to a Nikonian's preferred deck of settings on the device?

Thanks in advance, Nikonians and Merry Christmas.

G