Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 and other brand lens compatability issues?

pzsaul

US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pzsaul Registered since 08th Dec 2010
Sat 18-Dec-10 02:52 PM

Hi everyone, a newbee here and plan on upgrading after playing the site for a few weeks. My question is I have all Nikon glass from my D80 a few AFD lens and some newer G lens also. I wanted to buy a new long lens for wildlife like a Sigma 150-500mm model and maybe use a Sigma 1.4 TC with it when needed.The reason for the choice was advantages of the D7000 and settings.
I read on one site that the new D7000 is the 1st model from Nikon that might have compatability issues with outside lens manufacturers like Sigma. Does anyone know about this? And any input on Sigma newest version (non recalled) of course 150-500mm model lens?
As an FYI I did email Sigma the question about this any they gave me a vague we are in testing right now with our lenses and the D7000. It will be posted on their site when done. OK where do you find that update I asked with no response from them.
But I do look forward to being on this site and learning more as I keep moving from 1 Nikon to the next in my life.
Thanks Dave

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 and other brand lens compatability issues?

G