Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

L-bracket trouble with D7000

JazzDoc

Rochester, US
471 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JazzDoc Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Mar 2006
Fri 17-Dec-10 01:57 AM

I thought it worthwhile passing along a warning--L-brackets from both Really Right Stuff and Kirk are not quite "ready for prime time" I'm afraid. I have always put one on my DSLRs, and this one, which I bought for my wife, could use one as well--great for tripod flexibility.
The RRS version did not have sufficient room under the side part of the bracket to open the connector doors at all. After returning it, I tried again. The Kirk version has sufficient dimples in the side bracket to get to the door nubbits, but the the door does not open fully as it is blocked by the L-bracket member on the opposite side. Yikes! I tried both and failed--now what??

Gary Paige

my gallery

www.frontpaige-photography.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: L-bracket trouble with D7000

G